(843) 821-8280

Although the employer has the right to select the physician to treat your injuries, you can request a second opinion if you disagree with the doctor’s opinion or treatment plan. When this occurs, you can request a second opinion. If this is denied, a request for additional medical treatment can be made to the Workers’ Compensation Commission or the injured employee can obtain an independent medical examination. Obviously, selection of the right doctor is an important component in a person’s recovery. Additionally, a doctor determines the type of work the employee can do while undergoing treatment and the level of permanent impairment the employee has sustained as a result of the accident.