(843) 821-8280
  • To file for divorce in South Carolina, one party has to have resided in this state for at least one year if the other spouse lives out-of-state. If both parties have lived in South Carolina for at least three months, either party can file for divorce in this State. Issues such as the division of property, alimony, visitation, and child support requiring obtaining personal jurisdiction over the nonresident spouse. Jurisdiction questions are complex, and you should hire an experienced attorney to avoid having your case dismissed due to misunderstanding the law.